COVID-19: CAHS Update as of 3/20/2020
We are all experiencing a major disruption in our normal lives due to the health crisis currently happening. The health and safety of staff and volunteers is our paramount concern at this time. We have a small staff and we need to stay healthy to care for the animals so please use social distancing procedures as much as possible.
The timing of the crisis is particularly hard on the shelter because of its interruption to our fundraising efforts. I appreciate very much everyone’s commitment to the shelters mission during this uncertain time. Our mission has not changed, we are here to take care of the animals in our shelter, the circumstances around us have changed, and we will adapt to deal with it.
INTERESTED IN ADOPTING?
INTERESTED IN ADOPTING?
If you are interested in a specific animal, we are able to offer adoptions by appointment only, in response to the current COVID-19 situation.
- You can view our adoptable animals at:
- Please email [email protected] to schedule an adoption appointment.
- When you arrive for your scheduled appointment, please ring the Adoption Center doorbell.
CAHS will continue to take surrenders. If the need is not urgent, we ask that you wait to bring in your animal to keep space open for emergency cases. Please call us to set up an intake appointment at (603) 447-5955.
PET FOOD PANTRY
If you do not have access to pet food for your cat or dog, we offer dry food from our pantry. Brands and supplies are limited. If you have enough for your pet(s), please allow us to keep the food for those without. Call or email [email protected] to request dry food for your cat or dog.
We rely heavily on donations, as we support both animals in our shelter and our Community.
- Items can be purchased on our Amazon Wish List and sent directly to our facility
- Items can be purchased online or at Four Your Paws Only, PetSmart or Petco.
- If you have purchased food, litter or supplements to drop-off, please leave them at the Adoption Center door, between the hours of 8am and 4pm, 7 days a week so staff can promptly bring the items inside.
- At this time, we are not accepting second-hand blankets, towels or bedding.
- Monetary donations can be made on our website at http://bit.do/ConwayShelter.
EVENTS & MEETINGS
- Paddy O’Paws Brunch and Auction was postponed last minute due to the pandemic. We are working closely with the Red Jacket to reschedule Paddy O’Paws however, no date has been set.
- Dine to Donate at Joseph’s Spaghetti Shed will be postponed to a later date.
- In addition, CAHS board and staff meetings will take place over the phone or be postponed in compliance with social distancing recommendations.
- CAHS will continue to offer our Safe Haven Program for those in contracting towns dealing with illnesses or emergencies. Please call us directly at (603) 447-5955 should you need help. Space is limited.
- We encourage everyone to develop a plan for their pet(s) ahead of time, should you become ill or hospitalized.
- Check in! Please reach out to loved ones and neighbors with pets. If you have room in your home, consider offering emergency housing to those unable to care for their animals due to illness. Continue to practice social distancing while checking in on those who may be more vulnerable to this virus and make sure they are okay.
- The staff at CAHS are prepared to offer crates to borrow and pet food while supplies lasts.
Dog Park: Temporarily Closed
We have made the difficult decision to close the Dog Park until the end of April. We are unable to provide proper sanitization at this time. All memberships will be extended as a result of the temporary closure. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
Thank you all for your continued support as we work to provide the best care for the animals in our shelter and surrounding towns. We are here to do everything we can for those in need. Our mission remains the same. We are Committed to the Human-Animal Bond. Together, we can protect it when threatened by violence, disaster or medical emergency. We have no way of knowing what lies ahead at this point, but we will adapt and get through it as a team.
Conway Area Humane Society