Services and Programs
The CAHS Medical Miracle Workers Program
The Conway Area Humane Society offers shelter, medical care, and love to every animal. The shelter receives owner-surrendered animals to give them a second chance.
Read more about this program here
- All animals visit with the doctor, are tested for incurable diseases, spayed/ neutered, vaccinated, wormed, and readied for their new homes.
- To better promote lifelong relationships, the shelter staff works to match the lifestyles of humans and animals.
- The Conway Area Humane Society offers shelter, medical care, and love to every animal. The shelter receives owner-surrendered animals to give them a second chance.
- After adoption, a behavior hot line is available to help with the transition home and with any problems that may arise.
- Staff and volunteers work together through training and socialization to bring out the best in all the animals and enhance their chances for adoption.
- Support and training will also be provided after adoption.
Safe Haven Program
When people fall on hard times, we are there to help them keep their animals. Our Safe Haven Program allows for a short term stay for your animals at the shelter if you have a medical emergency or short term procedure, a house fire, lose your home or are a victim of domestic violence. We also have a dog and cat food pantry to help out in hard times. All you have to do is ask.
The Lifelong Friends Program
The Lifelong Friends Program matches senior citizens with older, adoptable animals. This popular program addresses many of the concerns expressed by seniors who expressed a desire to have a companion animal.
As a member of the Lifelong Friends program, seniors (over 65 years of age) are entitled to the following benefits:
- Our staff will help you to find the perfect new family member. These highly adoptable animals will be older dogs and cats seeking their forever homes.
- The Conway Area Humane Society adoption fee is waived for participating seniors in our program.
Veterinary hospitals in the area who are participating sponsors of the Lifelong Friends Program will provide a 10% discount when you present a letter of participation from the Conway Area Humane Society. Participating veterinarians include:
MWV Mobile Veterinary Clinic
Conway Veterinary Hospital
Fryeburg Veterinary Hospital
Dr. Monique Kramer
North Country Animal Hospital
If you find that you are unable to care for your pet at any time, the Conway Area Humane Society will provide care for any adoptable animal until such time as the pet can be placed in another home.
End of Life Services
At CAHS we honor the difficult decisions that we as pet owners must face when illness and age has affected the quality of life of our beloved pets. We offer many services to help with this painful time.
Our staff will provide a listening ear without judgment and explain the many options we offer. We are happy to work with you to build the best experience possible for you and your family members with your loss. We offer a safe place for you to grieve and the privacy and support to know you are not alone facing these difficulties. We encourage you to contact our shelter for further information.